On this international day of Italian cuisine, what could be better than a "alla genovese" pesto sauce to accompany your pasta?
Only manual preparation can release all the aromas of Grand Vert Basil, so here are our tips!
For 4 people :
- 4 bunches of Grand Vert Basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g pine nuts
- 40 g grated parmesan
- 20 g of pecorino (optional)
- 5 cl of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- herb scissors
- Peel and degerm the garlic cloves then coarsely chop them
- Carefully wash and dry the Grand Vert Basil leaves in a paper towel.
- Put the Grand Vert Basil leaves in a mortar, give a few scissor strokes if they are too large
- Add the coarse salt and crush until the leaves begin to fall apart, gradually taking on a dark green and translucent tint.
- Add the garlic and the pine nuts, continue to crush everything for a few minutes
- Finally add the parmesan, the pecorino (if you wish) and the olive oil at discretion
Your turn now !!